One of the few institutes of its kind worldwide, linking new discoveries and clinical care.
The Cancer Research Institute, located within Temple's Health and Bioscience District, has dedicated scientists on staff devoted to finding effective cancer therapies quickly and cost-effectively.
Universities, investigators, foundations and companies bring their discoveries to the CRI to complete the necessary steps for introducing new treatments to the clinic:
- Preclinical work to establish the therapeutic index
- Process development to determine the standard operating procedure for manufacture
- Drug production for clinical use
- Quality control analyses of vialed agents
- Formal pharmacology and toxicology studies
- Investigational new drug application documentation
- Phase I clinical trial management and subject care
Graduate students, physician fellows and biotechnology/biomedical students receive advanced training at the CRI.
With our focus, experience and close working relationships with regulatory groups, the Institute provides immense benefits to patients, national and international research sponsors and the clinical community.